Monday, December 26, 2011

A Beautiful, Inspiring Tiny Home

I don't know how many of you guys know this, but I'm a big supporter of the tiny house movement. My little cabin is 400 sq. ft., and I absolutely love it. Living here at Mom and Dad's house, which is probably 10 times the size of my house feels strange to me. When I was living in my tiny house alone in Amarillo, I always felt like it was too big for just me. I had one boyfriend live with me, and to me the home felt more complete, because there was someone there to share it with. Needless to say, that relationship did not follow me back home. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel moving back into my home some time this week once the electricity is hooked up. That's why I've already bought a new daybed for the living room to replace the humungous couch that I decided to cram in there, a new bamboo toilet seat (to replace the old particle board one currently on it that has a crack in just the right spot to pinch your butt when you sit down on it!), a new shower head (had to go with the eco-flow shower head!), and a couple other choice things to make it feel more like my personal home again.

I'll be doing a cleansing and blessing ritual as soon as I get into my house to clear out the bad vibes left over from Amarillo. I'll detail that for you guys after it happens :D. Now, on to why I'm posting a blog entry at 3 in the morning! As I've said before, I'm a big supporter of the tiny house movement. I love browsing through videos from Fair Companies, and just randomly on youtube. So when I found this video below, I knew I had to share it. This woman's house boat is so completely her own! It's so inspiring, and her home is so lovely! Hope you guys like the video... this is kind of a bleed over from my other blog Big Adventures in a Tiny House, but I've never hid anything from you guys before, so I didn't plan on doing it now, I'm just not sure how to combine the two blogs lol.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dfeIJ9RPY&w=560&h=315]

2 comments:

  1. I love this video! It's so great to see people who really understand what they need, which is so much less than we think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Aine! Thanks for stopping by! Don't be a stranger :D

    ReplyDelete