Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finding a Paint Color

I don't know if you can see the color differences here or not. Mom and I were checking out paint at Walmart the other day and picked up some sample bottles of 2 colors that we liked on the paint chip. The bottom color is called soft sage. I really like it but it seems a little dark. I tested it with a sponge as well and it is perfect sponged on so I may end up using a sponge roller with that color. The color on top Mom picked out. It is called soft meadow and on the paint chip it looked primarily green with a soft blue undertone. Even in the bottle it is a very pretty green and when I originally painted it near the soft sage I thought "Oh what a pretty light green color!" But strangely, as it dried, it turned out to be baby blue and not a cute baby blue either.

I wanted a green because it is unisex in my mind. I've also found this really cute toddler bedding set that is a jungle theme with lions and monkeys, and the primary color on it is green. I thought it would be nice to find a color that complimented that bedding set. I just can't decide now! I love, love, love the soft sage but I just don't know if it is an appropriate color. And really, are there any appropriate colors for a child's room as long as it isn't some scary garish color?

My little brother will be out of school for the summer on Thursday and he has agreed to help me build my fence, level out the area of land in front of my house, and get my bed upstairs. I think our first point on the list will be moving my bed. Once my bed has been moved I am going to steam clean the carpet and rearrange some things, then I'll post a picture of the room and you can give me your opinions. I'm still leaning towards my green right now.

Another idea I've had is to turn a wall in my kitchen into one big chalkboard. That will create a large space for me to write down appointments for me and my potential child, and a large space for my child to get creative and draw. Walmart sells two different kinds of chalkboard paint. One is a spray paint can for about $4, and the other is a one quart can for about $10. I have some very beautiful woodwork around the baseboards and a door, so I plan on buying the quart can so I can control exactly where the paint goes. I have a sneaking feeling if I was to use the spray paint there would be chalkboard sections on the floor and all over my pretty woodwork. I'm not sure how much of it I will need to cover the area of wall I want to cover but I plan one buying at least 2 cans to be sure about it.

Well that's all for now. If you guys have any other suggestions or comments, feel free to leave them in the comments section. You guys know I love hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment