Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

I took my behavioral intervention class today. It went really well. Now I have 2 classes to take online, then my PRIDE classes. I also had my fire inspection today. It went really well. The director at Buckner was concerned that my loft wouldn't work as a personal bedroom. He told me to make sure I asked the person who did my fire inspection if they approved it as a bedroom, and if they did then there wouldn't be any problems. It has been approved and the only non-fixable thing that could have posed a problem is now a non-issue! So now all that's left is the home health inspection and the homestudy which will be done all together! I still need to get my TB test but I will get that done around the first of the month. So things are running right along!

What does all that have to do with chalkboard paint, though? Well nothing really. I wanted the first part of this post to update you guys on where I am in my process. Where chalkboard paint comes in is now. I told you guys I have been considering different paint colors for my child's bedroom, and while I was doing that I also decided to pick up chalkboard paint for my kitchen. I picked up the chalkboard paint today and have applied the first coat. It takes about 2 to 3 coats to get a good coverage, but so far I'm really liking it!

I covered one entire wall in the kitchen area so that I can use it to write appointments and lists, and my little one can use the bottom part to draw and play on. I have to wait 3 days before writing on it so that it can cure completely, but I am so excited to use it! I have also decided on the paint color for the toddler room. I have decided to go with soft sage. I just love the color and I think it will work great for a unisex room. Plus green is my favorite color so yep, I am a wee little bit biased towards it lol. The next few days are going to be busy.

My brother and I will be moving my queen sized bed upstairs, going out to the farm to find the toddler bed, working on building the fence, and a whole lot more. I don't know what I would do without him. He has been so good about helping me out around the house, especially now that I am trying to adopt. I don't know if he'll ever know how much I appreciate him helping me out so much. He installed my fire extinguisher today, taped off the area I wanted to paint the chalkboard paint on, and is already planning for helping me build my fence for my dogs, and is going to run the tractor and level my land out so that I don't end up with a lake, again, out in front of my house the next time we have another big rain. I would never be able to get all this done without him.

So there ya have it. That's all that's going on right now. Later tonight I will post some of those spells I was telling you about and discuss an adoption friendly Wiccaning. So in closing I would like to share a picture of my kitchen wall chalkboard. Its only the first coat of paint mind you, and remember my brother taped off everything that didn't need paint on it, so the messy edges you see are on the tape lol. I'll post another picture when it is completely finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment