Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book Review: Seasons of Witchery by Ellen Dugan

I am doing a review for Llewellyn through Netgalley.com. I got the read an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a book review. So this book is called Season of Witchery: Celebrating the Sabbats With the Garden Witch by Ellen Dugan. I greatly enjoyed this book, for the most part. Ellen Dugan shares so refreshing information about the Sabbats, and offers some wonderful spells and rituals for each Sabbat. I found it informative, and I love that it is written from a "garden witch's" point of view. However, at times it felt as if the author were writing a diary/journal rather than an informative book on the Sabbats.

Her personal stories were not boring by any means, but there were times where I thought to myself "why can't we just get on with the book". At some points during her personal stories I tended to forget exactly what the book was about. I did enjoy reading about her life, because it made me feel as if she was a person just like me or you, rather than a famous witch who has written several books.  The information presented in the book is well worth the purchase, and the personal stories about Ms. Dugan are entertaining and worth a read as well.

All in all I give this book a 4 out of 5, and I would suggest it for your collection if you are interested in flower, herbal, and faerie information surrounding the Sabbats. Look for this book in June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment